The food business has been the fastest-growing sector in India. The increase in the food industry has called for tightening the measures to ensure that the food products have been checked for quality to avoid any food adulteration and sale of sub-standard products.
In India, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an organization that has been established by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for governing the food business in India. FSSAI Registration is required to be taken by every organization dealing in the food business (also known as FBOs i.e., Food Business Operators). The registration varies from basic registration to central license.
The time required from the submission of the documents is as follows:
The Act and Regulations governing the FSSAI registration/license is Food Safety and Standards, 2006 and Food Safety & Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Business) Regulations, 2011.
FSSAI declaration includes the following things:
• FBO will comply with the rules and regulations as required by FSSAI.
• The information submitted with the application of FSSAI registration/license is true to the knowledge of the FBO.
• FBO follows all the guidelines as mentioned in Schedule 4 of the Registration and Licensing Regulations.
• Petty retailer dealing in food items.
• Temporary stall holder.
• One who manufactures and sell any food items.
• Hotels, Restaurants.
• Importer and Exporter.
• E-commerce food suppliers.
• Caterers, Dhabas.
• Wholesaler, Supplier, Distributor of food items.
• Confectionery, Bakery, etc.
The penalty varies from Rs. 25,000 to 10 Lakhs depending on the nature of non-compliance. Some non-compliance includes sub-standard food, misbranded food, unhygienic processing or manufacture.
FSSAI registration is valid for a period of 1 year to 5 years as chosen by the FBO.
The renewal must be applied 30 days before the expiry of the registration/license.
The FBO having turnover in up to 12 lakhs must apply for FSSAI basic registration.
The FBO having turnover in between 12 lakhs and 20 Crore must apply for State License.
The FBO having turnover exceeding 20 Crore must apply for Central License.
Yes, it can be changed and the fees payable is equal to one year’s license fees.
Copyright © 2021 JSONS SOLICITORS PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.